Thursday, October 16, 2008

Square One

I made some interesting choices for the TI including a number of things that I was going "to do" and a number of things I was going to "not do." One of the "not do" things was "watch television" and to that end I have unplugged the main culprit. What fascinates me today is what happens to my typical/usual pattern of household circumambulations when these disciplined parameters have been set in place. Thus far, I've had a very interesting and productive day, not frantic and frivolously busy but things are getting done and I like that. I also made a commitment to eschew the easy chair in my living room in favor of a more ergonomically sensible but not so comfortable wooden model. This has required a re-organization of music stands and guitars and I am feeling a bit discombobulated at certain moments. The prevailingl feeling is that this is all good and is ultimately a part of and beneficial to my Zen practice.

Thanks to the folks that came up with the idea for the blog and did the work to set it in motion.

No comments: